Tuesday 25 February 2014

The Heart of a Dreamer

I woke up, "It's that dream again",
I was confused, I'm sure I'm not a saint,
It was them, appearing in my dreams,
My loved ones, they're leaving me and I can't scream.

I have a gramp, and we are not that close,
but since I went to Egypt, he asked me to keep him posted,
I did, I contacted him through the phone,
have a little chit chat, with a dash of moan,
sometimes he would cough blood,
things are getting serious and we can only pray to God,
that one day He would end all this sufferings,
which He did, and that left all of us crying.

My gramp, he died of heart attack,
and his last words was "where are you Iman? I wanna see ya",
I was stuck in the plane, tryin to reach home,
so deeply sunken all colours turn to monochrome.

I wish I could go back, and spend more time with him,
maybe like, playing cards, go fishing or catch some shrimps,
but no, I was a rebellious teenager,
acting frosty, assuming family is just gonna stop ya,
I was wrong, my dad never taught me that way,
"Family comes first, then you can continue your day",
and now, when I'm all grown up, I try to make things okay,
just so that I won't repeat the mistakes of yesterday.

Here you go, a little part of my life, the one to remember,
Love your family, never let yourself to be a traitor,
and of course, I have a lot of other dark stories kept in my hive,
Now don't let me get started with my misfired love life.



Love Aqilah,
Egypt 260214

No comments:

Post a Comment